Monday, January 24, 2011

New Addition

We found out last Thursday that we have a little girl on the way. I don't ever show an outward preference to anyone about what I want the baby to be before we find out. Truth is, I am always more concerned about the pregnancy going well and there being a healthy baby produced at the end of it. Needless to say though, I am feeling a little excited about having a girl. Not to say I would be any less excited if it were a boy. Okay, I'll stop beating around the bush. I was secretly hoping it was a girl. There seems to be some sort of intriguing connection to me between a father and his daughter. The term "Daddy's Little Girl" comes to mind. I do have a good connection with my son Jeran. But just like me, he is a momma's boy. When the serious stuff goes down, he is looking for momma, not daddy. I don't blame him, there is something more comforting about momma. At least I was that way. I don't know what causes this. Maybe it is the gender difference. It always seemed a little weird talking to Z about the mushy stuff. Little boys are only supposed to talk about the serious, manly stuff with their dads. Things like basketball, football, hunting, etc. But when it comes to sissy stuff, you go to mom. Now, I am being facetious about this (sort of). I may be doing a poor job of explaining this, but nonetheless I am excited about experiencing this "Daddy's Little Girl" connection, whatever it may be. As I sit here today in complete admiration of Jeran while he plays with his toys, my iPhone, and whatever else he can get his hands on as the rain falls outside, I want to say one thing to my daughter. We are all waiting in excited anticipation of your arrival. Especially your Daddy.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Josh .... very happy with the good news!!!

    You got it right about the "Daddy's Little Girl" .... I have 2 and its really a gift.

    God bless you and all your family.

    DM

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bond between a father and daughter is very special. I'm happy that you will be able to enjoy that. Your right about the son and mother relationship,I was the same way. Madyson always looks at me for approval exspecially in sports. Mason and I have a great relationship also but it's more along the lines of cars, lego's and Star Wars and of course he goes to his mother on the sensitive stuff. Congrat's again to both of you. Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so proud and excited for all of you! The current 5/1 ratio of cousins really needs the change. Now about a name???? With loving thoughts, grandpa Jack and Jackie

    ReplyDelete